Junior researcher 'SoNAR-Global: A Global Sciences Network for Infectious Threats and Antimicrobial Resistance'
Nivel is looking for a Junior Researcher (‘junior onderzoeker’) to start work on 1 November 2019 (32 hours per week).
Nivel (Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research) is the national institute for health services research in the Netherlands. It is an independent organisation and its domain is applied and applicable health services research. Nivel’s mission is to carry out high quality research which has a demonstrable impact upon society, and its research is ISO 9001 certified.
About the SoNAR-Global project
SoNAR-Global (https://www.sonar-global.eu/) is a global consortium led by social scientists who specialize in preparedness and response to infectious disease outbreaks and antimicrobial resistance (AMR). Funded by the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 programme, SoNAR-Global is building a sustainable global network to facilitate the participation of the social sciences in global preparedness and response to infectious disease outbreaks and AMR. The project provides a platform for collaboration among social science experts, institutions and existing networks engaged in preparedness and response to epidemics and AMR in Europe and throughout the world. SoNAR-Global will:
- Institut Pasteur (coordinator) (France)
- Amsterdam Institute for Global Health and Development Foundation (NL)
- Netherlands Institute for Health Services Research (NL)
- The Medical University of Vienna (Austria)
- Mahidol University (Thailand)
- Public Health Center of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine (Ukraine)
- BRAC University (Bangladesh)
- University College London (United Kingdom)
- Makerere University (Uganda)
- Centre regional de recherche et de formation à la prise en charge clinique du VIH et des pathologies infectieuses (Senegal)
- Institute of Development Studies (IDS) of University of Sussex (United Kingdom)
We are looking for a Junior Researcher who will work on a number of SoNAR-Global project areas, together with the other consortium partners, and in collaboration and under the supervision of a Senior Researcher and Programme Leader at Nivel. The SoNAR-Global project team at Nivel consists of four researchers who are active at the following project areas:
- Development and evaluation of training curricula for social scientists and non-social sciences actors in different geographical settings (focus of the current job opportunity);
- Organization and evaluation of pilot activities concerning vulnerability assessment tools and community engagement in multiple countries;
- Organization of country dialogue meetings in Ukraine and Bangladesh and the formulation of policy recommendations.
The Junior Researcher will also:
- Contribute to an evaluation report on training curricula as well as other SoNAR-Global reports;
- Prepare and participate in (online) project meetings and telephone conferences;
- Prepare abstracts and participate in conferences;
- Write scientific articles.
What we ask:
- MSc in one of the social sciences;
- Knowledge of public administration or evaluation research is an advantage;
- Experience and expertise in the epidemiology of infectious diseases is an advantage;
- Experience in project management;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- To be able to share responsibilities and the implementation of projects in a small team;
- Language skills: Dutch (strongly preferred), English (obligatory), other languages would be an asset.
What we offer:
- A working contract for 26 months (includes an initial two-month test period);
- A contract of 32 hours per week;
- A monthly brute salary, depending on education and experience, between € 2.615,70 and € 2.881,02 based on full -time (36 h per week);
- Participation in Nivel’s Talent Development Program;
- Participation in the Nivel pension fund;
- Participation in a collective public transport contract with a small own contribution;
- End of year payment is 5,9%.
Ambitions to write a doctoral dissertation based on the data collected during SoNAR-Global will be encouraged and facilitated by the Nivel team and partner universities.
How to apply:
You can send your application to the Nivel Personnel Officer (Astrid Huijgen), PO Box 1568, 3500 BN UTRECHT, The Netherlands, or by email (email@example.com ) with reference “SoNAR-Global”. Closing date for applications is 29 September 2019.
The vacancy is open to internal (Nivel) and external applicants. The internal procedure must be completed first before external candidates can be invited for this position.